I love what you did the the classical (can't say the name because we don't want to evoke godly anger). I'm impressed with what you've accomplished. I'm proud of you. :)
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
STOWizm - a fast-paced and competitive block puzzle game
Like its classical ancestor (whose name shall not be invoked here to avoid its godly anger) this game spawns pieces made of 4 blocks that must be placed one by one in the game board (10x20 blocks). A line is removed when it is fully filled by blocks. All the lines above then fall down to take the place of the removed blocks. The goal is to survive (and get the best score!) while completing the selected game objective.
- The pieces do not fall from above: instead they are put in the game board in the first position available from *below*. This means holes in the block construction may be filled even when there is no way to get there from above.
- The piece *teleports* at your finger position.
- All the possible rotation of a piece is available with a single touch or key press (4 rotation buttons instead of the usual rotate left/right)
- Local or remote leader board:
* Local leader when no connection is available
* remote leader board to compete with other players worldwide
In any case, your score, statistics and Replay will be saved.
- Replay your previous attempts for a best score, or review those of your opponents.
- 3 game objectives:
* Duration : Play 3, 6 or 10 minutes
* Lines : Clear 100, 300 or 500 lines
* Dig: Clear 5, 10, 15 'corrupted' lines. Corrupted Lines are lines with one single hole spawned at the begin of the game. Clear each one of these lines to win the game. There is additionally an EASY and a HARD mode. In hard mode, for each 4 'normal' line cleared, a new 'corrupted' one is created at the bottom.
- additional constraints:
* Keep board clean: Avoid making any hole whose size is 1, 2 or 3 blocks to win the game.
* Timer. There are two types of timer.
- A line timer: clear lines before the timer runs out of time, or the line at the bottom will be cloned.
- A piece timer: drop the piece before the timer runs out of time, or the piece will be automatically dropped.
- For each timer, there are 3 difficulty level.
In total, 168 possible game modes.
- Left / right handed
- Tablet / phone mode
- How the piece drop
- change block appearance
- stop the background animation (if it makes you feel dizzy)
Please send any bug report or any comment to email@example.com
The game should work fine on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS or any distribution based on Trusty repositories.
You may need to install openAL. In Ubuntu run this: "sudo apt-get install openal1"
On Ubuntu 16.04 (or others)
Please download STOWizm-1.1-all.bin. This is an executable archive: run this file and you will have a new directory holding all the game files and required libraries. In fact, it is a bundle simulating the same environment as if you were running Ubuntu 14.04. Simply run 're-execute.sh' and the game should launch.
If the game complain about /dev/dsp, check the README file to know how to setup OSS.
Windows:If you see an error about xaudio2, you need to download "DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)" at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $2.25 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Also available on
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Thanks for all that love :-). As an important note for all the early testers: I forgot to reset the score database. This is done now, but any account you may have created is gone. Please remove the account stored on your machine (simply delete it within the game) and recreate it, and you will be good to go. Sorry about that.